Project / Over-Dimensional
Experience matters when transporting over-dimensional and/or heavy-lift project cargo. Tranco Global’s knowledge and relationships with carriers allow us to plan, manage and execute the optimal solutions for heavy equipment and project cargo, safely and at the lowest practical cost.
Tranco associates have been successfully managing high-value, over-dimensional project cargo worldwide since 1983, all of which is backed by expertise for even the most complex project cargo. Additionally, our relationships with carriers and specialized service providers enable Tranco to plan and execute the optimal solution to handle cargo safely and economically.
To ensure a safe, on-time and incident-free shipment, Tranco plans for project success via the following measures:
- Country and port specific, route and bridge surveys identifying challenges and managing them in advance
- Working with the appropriate carriers and partners by market
- Preparing lift plans and tie-down recommendations
- Analyzing the shipment to determine whether outside dimensions and weight per piece can be reduced, which may allow us to expand carrier and routing options and to minimize transport and handling costs
- Providing on-site representation during loading and unloading.
The Tranco Global Network allows for project management at virtually any point or destination in the world. Many of our projects are in remote, under-developed locations.
Project solutions require expertise. Whether it’s a one-time shipment requiring the chartering of an exclusive use ocean vessel or specialized aircraft, Tranco can provide the vendor management, issue of cargo receipts, and consolidate freight across multiple modes of transport. Tranco Global services a number of industries including:
- Oil and gas
- Plant relocations
- New construction
- Infrastructure projects
- Wind energy